Langjahr & Low LLC was founded in July 2012 with the vision of providing high quality, cost effective legal services to companies in the pharmaceutical, pharmacy, healthcare and managed care industries. We are former in-house counsel who know and understand the industry and provide transactional and regulatory compliance advice. We are lawyers who understand the business of health care.
Please let us know how we may help you achieve your business objectives in this fast paced and changing healthcare environment.
Jennifer Low and Allen Langjahr
Langjahr & Low specializes in supporting the legal needs of clients in the pharmacy benefit management, managed care pharmacy, pharmaceutical and eHealth industries. We counsel our clients on all aspects of their business, including strategic planning, regulatory compliance and investigations, healthcare transactions, IP matters, general corporate and employment.
- Benefit Consultants
- Discount Drug Programs
- Drug Wholesalers and Distributors
- eHealth Companies
- HIT Companie
- Employer and Managed Care Health Plans
- Health Care Providers
- Medical Device Companies
- Medicare Part D Plans
- Patient Messaging Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers
- Pharmacies including 340B, Specialty, Mail Order, LTC, Compounding (both 503a and 503b and Retail Pharmacies)
- Rebate Aggregators
- Third-Party Administrators
- Trade Associations
- Utilization Review Companies
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Accreditation Programs– URAC, NABP, VIPPS and .PHARMACY
- ACA (e.g., essential health benefits and appeals)
- Any Willing Provider/Prompt Pay
- CAN-SPAM Act
- Compliance (e.g., plan development, auditing and internal investigations)
- Drug Distribution and Development
- E-Sign and Uniform Electronic Transaction Act
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse, including anti-kickback, anti-referral and the federal False Claims Act
- HIPAA, HITECH and state privacy and security laws
- Managed Care-related legislation
- Medicare, including Parts B and D
- OIG Guidance
- PBM and Managed Care Laws and Regulations (e.g., MAC, pharmacy audit, and reimbursement issues)
- Pharmacy Law
- Professional Board Compliance and Actions
- State Insurance Laws and Regulations
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
OUR TEAM OF EXPERIENCED BUSINESS LAWYERS
Allen’s practice is focused providing transactional and regulatory legal services in the pharmaceutical space. Allen’s experience is extensive in representing pharmacies, PBMs and other payors, pharmaceutical companies, discount programs, benefits consultants, eHealth companies, startup companies and other entities in the space. Allen represents industry stakeholders in accreditation, benefits consulting, network contracting, eHealth, ERISA, False Claims Act, fraud waste and abuse, licensing, life sciences, pharmaceutical development and distribution, payor reimbursement including DIR and transparency issues, privacy and data security, rebate contracting and other matters.
Mr. Langjahr graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Walsh University and a Juris Doctorate from Vanderbilt University School of Law. Mr. Langjahr is admitted to practice law in California, Florida and New Jersey. Mr. Langjahr is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP), the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) and the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP), is former Chair of the New Jersey District X Fee Arbitration Committee, is a member of the New Jersey District XB Ethics Committee and is a member of the New Jersey Bar Association Privacy Law Committee.
Following 7 years in private practice as a corporate and health care attorney, Jennifer served as Vice President and Associate General Counsel for a large PBM for over 13 years, and is a nationally recognized legal and regulatory expert in the pharmacy and pharmacy benefit management area. Jennifer has extensive experience with managed care and health care transactions, policy and legislative strategies; negotiating and drafting agreements, including provider, network and payor, technology licensing, consulting and pharma rebate and product acquisition contracts. Jennifer has substantial experience advising clients on ACA, ERISA, HIPAA and HITECH privacy and security laws and anti-kickback matters. She has represented or worked with all of the various stakeholders in the pharmacy and managed healthcare industry, including start-ups, and often focuses on developing clients’ internal contracting and regulatory compliance and management capabilities.
Jennifer holds a Bachelor’s degree in History from Washington University in St. Louis, and a law degree from Vanderbilt University School of Law. She is admitted to practice law in Missouri, the District of Columbia, Texas and the United States Supreme Court. Jennifer is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the National Association of Specialty Pharmacies.
Address: 48 Woodport Road, Sparta, New Jersey 07871